Like many of our fellow arts organizations around the country, Aspen Fringe Festival canceled our planned summer season in response to the pandemic. While our June Festival at the Wheeler Opera House will resume in 2021, we are thrilled to present a modified season of LIVE performances at the Aspen District Theatre this year. Featuring specially commissioned works from SOULSKIN Dance, guest choreographers and multimedia screenings of new works from our award-winning playwrights, AFF’S FallFest will celebrate the importance of human connection through the arts during unprecedented times of isolation.
Shelter in Place: Film
SOULSKIN Dance returns to AFF with the World Premiere of Closer, an original work choreographed by Adrianna Thompson about relationships in a time of isolation. Closer stars two NYC-based dancers furloughed in Aspen during the pandemic.
A product of SOULSKIN Dance’s Quarantine Lab, Shelter in Place is a unique dance film created by the SOULSKIN family to share their quarantine experiences.
Multimedia presentations featuring works-in-progress inspired by our new reality from AFF Award-Winning Playwrights.
2015 Tony Award-Winner
The Other Place, Stupid Kid
Love Song, Bank Job
Our Commitment To Safety
Our performers and team will be thoughtfully adhering to new safety protocols dictated by the State of Colorado, Pitkin County, the Aspen School District and The City of Aspen, and we will request the same of our audiences. As part of these safety measures, we can only offer 50 seats per performance and tickets must be reserved in advance. We thank our community for understanding and for helping us to deliver LIVE theater and dance under extraordinary circumstances.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and do not attend the performance.
- Masks must be worn while in the lobby, at the box office, and as you move throughout the theatre.
- Maintain social distancing. Please refer to the blue markers on the ground in the lobby area to keep a 6-foot distance. Please follow designated traffic flow patterns to avoid clustering.
- All performers will be a minimum of 25-feet from the audience and will be wearing face coverings at all times.
- Performers and staff will not participate if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Contactless temperature checks will be performed on all staff, performers, crew and audience members before entering the theatre. Any person with a temperature over 100.4°F will not be permitted to attend the performance.